A real winter warmer! Can’t beat a good sausage casserole when it’s cold outside! Ok, this recipes uses cheats! I usually use fresh vegetables, but for this, I find the smaller frozen pieces work a treat! Serves a family of 4 nice big portions!
• 10 sausages
• 1 large onion
• 125g red lentils
• 100g frozen mixed vegetables
• 100g frozen mushrooms
• 300ml vegetable stock
• 1/2 can chopped tomatoes
• Boil the lentils in a pan of water for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
• In a large saucepan, brown off the sausages.
• Once brown add the diced onion, and cook until softening.
• Meanwhile, cook the mushrooms and vegetables for 3 minutes in the microwave. Also mix up the stock.
• Add the stock, vegetables, mushrooms, lentils and tomatoes.
• Bring to the boil, then simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes.
• Serve up and enjoy! Great with mash.